Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Odds & Ends

Izzy has been doing okay since her birthday. She did end up getting sick afterward, but that is to be expected--she had a lot of excitement and that always wears her out. She has definitely enjoyed being 5! First, she had kindergarten roundup and was so excited. Did you know she is almost a kindergartner?!? She'll let you know at every chance!

Izzy also got a Nabi for her birthday and is constantly listening to music on it. She is our dancing queen, so she is constantly dancing or at least bopping her head to a beat.

Untitled

The only doctor besides her primary care doctor that Izzy has seen in the last two weeks is the ophthalmologist to check on Izzy's new glasses. Apparently, there is a problem because Izzy has to see a different ophthalmologist in May. Izzy's ear surgery has been scheduled for that same week.
Other than that, we are still waiting to hear from Pittsburgh. We expect to hear from them next week or so because all of Izzy's medical records were sent a week ago today. Unfortunately, as we wait, Izzy has been showing further symptoms of her heart failure. During her last two swimming lessons, she couldn't last more than 10 minutes in the pool before her body couldn't compensate (even with a wet suit to keep her warm in the indoor pool), so she had to leave. It made her feel so bad that she doesn't want to go back. This is very unfortunate since she loves the water.

This Wednesday evening, Izzy really started to show signs of swelling in her belly and her veins in the belly were extremely large. The swelling went down a bit since then, but not all of the way, so Izzy had to go to the doctor's today. She didn't get to see the cardiologist, but the PCP consulted the card because the probable diagnosis is congestion due to heart failure--a back up of fluid in the belly. Izzy's diuretics have been increased again and she is now to wear her oxygen when at home and doing things like watching tv, reading, playing on her Nabi or other games--basically when the oxygen tubing won't cause her to trip and fall. Hopefully, this will help. Izzy understands and is willing to do it.

As always, thank you for checking in on our girl and thinking of her. I'll end with some pics over the last couple of weeks.

Mel

Here is Izzy in her new Mickey shirt!



Izzy and Phin!



Izzy showing how independent she is! I suggested she wear a dress and she decided she had to wear all of this instead, including two different socks!



And finally, my sweet girl, fooling around.


15 Message(s) from Carepages


Posted Apr 2, 2013 7:19pm
Love those mismatched socks. I think she sounds alot like her mother with those socks.
I love you. Ma

Posted Apr 2, 2013 5:35pm
Wonderful pictures, thank you for sharing. Always, always praying for your amazing girl and your entire family. I do not have a computer at home right now, so sneaking a quick check on Izzy before I leave work for the night.
Hugs to all of you,
Amy


Encourage_hugPosted Apr 2, 2013 12:40pm
Love the outfit she put together. Her personality is something else, you can see it in her pictures and her smile. What a precious little girl she is. God Bless you all! Thoughts and prayers are with you every day.
Diana Bryant


Set1_rosePosted Apr 1, 2013 10:03pm
Good news, good news, good news, good news!!! Putting it out to the universe to come back to you from the doctors in Pittsburgh. Love, June & David


Encourage_hugPosted Mar 31, 2013 7:50pm
Thanks for the updates. The pictures were fun ones...love the one of Phin and Izzy...also Miss Independent's fashion statement! Hope you had a blessed Easter!
Always in my prayers...praying for that miracle for Izzy!
Cody's Grandma Melody
cp: codygarrett

Posted Mar 31, 2013 8:52am
Thanks for the update and pictures (the pictures made us smile:0) We will keep you in our prayers and hope for good news from Pittsburgh. Hope you have a blessed and happy Easter!


Heart8Posted Mar 31, 2013 5:16am
I do enjoy the pictures. Izzy looks like such a happy girl and full of spunk! Keeping her and you all in my prayers. Praying Pittsburgh had some answers.
Wishing you a happy Easter!
Hugs,
Wendy cp: andrewjosephspage

Posted Mar 30, 2013 7:28pm
What beautiful children!!!

Posted Mar 30, 2013 10:28am
So cute, miss matched socks are in, she has the fashion diva gene I see : )

Posted Mar 29, 2013 11:37pm
Love all the pics, especially the one with Big Bro Phin. Have to smile at her response to the dress sugestion :-). She is irresistable and adorable!! Keeping all of you close in thought and prayer!

Posted Mar 29, 2013 8:57pm
What a precious child Izzy is! Thank you for keeping us updated with where she is at. {{hugs}}

Posted Mar 29, 2013 8:53pm
Thank you for keeping us all informed on how Izzy is doing. Even though I have never had the privilege of meeting your sweet little girl, I feel as if I know her because of your posts. I pray that you hear from Pittsburgh soon, and that the added Diuretics and Oxygen help Izzy!! Sending you heart (((HUGS))) from New Jersey! Kim Shadek

Posted Mar 29, 2013 7:54pm
Izzy is really a fashionista. I only know her through this site, but she is in my prayers daily. God bless Izzy.

Posted Mar 29, 2013 6:51pm
I keep thinking one of the new doctors or surgeons is going to say, We can do something about that, especially those expert specialists. I love her new Mickey shirt!

Posted Mar 29, 2013 6:44pm
Thanks for keeping us updated! We are praying for Izzy and you, her family, as you go through all the ups and downs. I hope you all will have a Happy and Blessed Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment