Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

Sickness

Well, the surgeons' office sent us to the pediatrician to make sure there was not something more than a cold. Good thing they did because Izzy has an ear infection and most likely a sinus infection as well. She is on antibiotics for that. She is also on a steroid to open up her lungs and a med to help dry her up. She doesn't seem to be much better today, so the doc indicated we may need a chest x-ray. We will see when they open up. We are hoping the kids can just stay in the house today and get well without venturing to the hospital. Phin is sick too. Not the same sickness though, so we hope it doesn't get passed on to Izzy.

As long as McKenzie is off the meds and completely healthy by March 30 and remains completely healthy after that, her surgery is scheduled to continue as planned. So, we're taking it as a good sign that she got sick when she did. We've got her on meds now and she should be good with that and then healthy just in time for when it is absolutely necessary. Since she has never been "healthy" for two months straight, I didn't know how we were going to maintain that healthy level until April 13, since she had been healthy for a month by that point. Now, we're getting the illness out of the way and she should be excellent for her surgery!
Mel

PS
Izzy and Phinney want to wish Aunt Courtney happy 30th birthday! We are all sad that we can't be with you this weekend to celebrate, but know we will do so when we can. We love you!

6 Message(s)


Posted Mar 20, 2009 1:52pm
Prayers for no more germs! Yikes, I think it's this weather! I thought the winter was bad! Prayers for McKenzie and Phin and fantastic health! Not sure where you guys are in Mi but if there is something I can do to help you as you approach McKenzie's surgery let me know! Take care,
Sundie & Sydnie

Posted Mar 20, 2009 11:22am
Get well soon Izzy!

Posted Mar 20, 2009 11:04am
best of luck keeping your babe healthy enough for the surgery!! our prayers are with all of you. hope Phin gets better soon, too!!

Posted Mar 20, 2009 10:27am
Melonie,
Thank you for the message you left on Logan's page. I was just typing an update to post about the Congenital Heart Futures Act. I am so happy....and I am planning on getting my letter put together today!

I will be praying for your little girl to be well soon so her surgery can go as planned!
In our many thoughts and prayers,

Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
cp: Loganbear

Posted Mar 20, 2009 9:22am
I'm praying Izzy feels better soon and things continue on as planned. You must be so stressed. Thinking of you!
Heart hugs,
Laura and Lily
cp: lilygrace2

Posted Mar 20, 2009 8:17am
Oh those yucky germs... I know exactly how you feel with trying to keep them healthy for a long period of time. I am glad she is on Meds that will help keep her healthy until the time is right. Thinking of you and praying.
Hugs
Andrea
cp: OurJayci

No comments:

Post a Comment