Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Doing Well

McKenzie is recoving well from her illness. She is starting to eat a little bit more. Now, if we can keep her healthy until April 13, she should be good to go. My Mom with the assistance of my Aunt Liz when needed will watch Phin and Izzy during the last two weeks, so she can be completely locked down. We are greatly appreciative for the help minimizing her germ exposure.

Now, if we can just minimize my worries. It was a year ago yesterday that McKenzie had her first surgery. And yesterday, Izzy crawled for the first time. We got to school (early intervention PT/OT Tuesdays) and I set her down. I went to grab a diaper to change her and she eyed a basket of bean bags that she loves and she went for them! She crawled a couple of feet. It was amazing! She hasn't done it again, but once the knowledge kicks in that she can do it, she will be unstoppable.

A year ago today, McKenzie was completely helpless and there was no thoughts about crawling.

Pic 044a

A year ago today, we came closest to losing her, but look at her now:

kids 005a

She is amazing and strong and AMAZING.
Mel

My public service message for today is to write your senators and your congressperson and ask them to support the Congential Heart Futures Act to bring greater awareness and much needed research funds for CHDs.

11 Message(s)


Posted Mar 30, 2009 10:29am
Thank you and how are you guys doing? I am praying for you guys and thinking about you guys as the month approaches way to fast. I have another heart family that I am friends with and they are having surgery on the 13th or 15th. April must be the month to do surgery. Praying for ya, Jessica
cp: Ethinspage

Posted Mar 28, 2009 7:16pm
what a difference a year makes, Praise God!
sending prayers...

Smiles3
Posted Mar 28, 2009 6:18pm
What a difference a year makes! what an awsome kid. As always, you are all in my prayers daily.
Lots of love, Aunt Teresa

Posted Mar 28, 2009 1:12pm
Thank you for the message on Ethin's page. Beautiful little girl. If other parents that are writing these letters to our congressmen and senators need the template it is on Stefenie's page (cp: Loganbear) and I have it on mine. Have you wrote a letter to Oprah yet? Where does your daughter get all her care from? I will be thinking and praying of you as well with your upcoming surgery.
Praying Hard,
Jessica
cp: Ethinspage

Posted Mar 27, 2009 1:42pm
It is amazing the little miracles these kids are! They are truly inspiring to watch as they accomplish the things that many never thought they would!
Always in our many thoughts and prayers,
Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
cp: Loganbear

Posted Mar 26, 2009 11:04pm
Way to go Mckenzie, with crawling- you have come a long way... keep up the good work! Heart hugs, Joy and Jilliann cp sillyjilly07

Posted Mar 26, 2009 8:20pm
thanks for the great pix, she's just adorable and we're sure she'll be even better for soon. our thoughts and prayers are with you as always!!

Posted Mar 26, 2009 10:28am
Izzy has come a long way! I'm glad she's doing so well today. Congrats on making it one year post - op.
Laura and Lily
cp: lilygrace2

Posted Mar 26, 2009 10:10am
What an accomplishment...Keep on keeping on!!!!

Posted Mar 26, 2009 10:06am
it is amazint to see our kids after the surgery! She is beautiful, and amazing!!
cp: SweetHaleyMae

Posted Mar 25, 2009 11:16pm
I got chills learning what McKenzie was doing this year vs. last year. She really is a very strong little woman.

The pics really verify how strong she really is. Plus, how beautiful she has become. Oh, and check out the great lashes!

I have lots of positive thoughts and prayers going out for her.

Please let me know if I can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment