Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2009

CHD Calendar Shoot

So, Izzy and I just returned from Vassar, Michigan, near Frankenmuth. I haven't spent a lot of time up there, so I didn't realize the great number of towns named Frankensomething. I was surprised. Anyway, Izzy and I went up there to be part of a CHD Awareness/Research Funding calendar project. A photographer in Vassar learned about CHDs a year or so ago and the stories of our wonderful, strong children touched her heart so much, she felt moved to do something herself. So, she is going to release her first CHD calendar this November, Heart Angles. The plan is to take pictures of CHD children and tell stories of other CHD angels who have earned their wings with proceeds going to CHD research. If she gets too many kids to include in one calendar, she is going to have people vote online for their favorite pics, with each vote costing a buck and all proceeds going to CHD organizations.

So, Izzy had her picture taken this morning and if voting becomes necessary, we will let everyone know. And when calendars are available, we'll let everyone know. Also, Kimberly is looking for any other CHD children who are willing to travel to Vassar to get photographed for the calendar and healthy enough to be photographed. So heart moms in Michigan, if you are interested, her contact info is below. Kimberly was very nice and Izzy had a lot of fun with the pictures. Afterward, we went to the outlet mall and had lunch at Pizzeria Uno. This was our first real mother-daughter shopping day since grocery shopping doesn't count. We made a deal to do this more often when she is well.
Mel

If you are interested in having your child be part of the project, Kimberly's email address is coombsphoto at charter.net and she would love to hear from you.

13 Message(s)


Posted Mar 12, 2009 11:18am
Thank you for the birthday wishes!!
Izzy is beautiful!!! We can't wait to see the calendar for CHD awareness.
Hugs and prayers,
Lisa and Mara
cp: maraangel

Posted Mar 11, 2009 12:14pm
IZZY is so Beautiful. Her face is cherubic. Our heart kids are the cutest kids I have ever seen. God must make them all look like angels.
Hugs and always praying for you and your family
Tina
cp: karlybug

Posted Mar 10, 2009 11:22pm
How cool! Hope she makes the "cut". If you need some votes- we're in!

Posted Mar 10, 2009 11:32am
I can't wait to see Izzy's photo's. I think it's awesome that Kimberly has dedicated her time to raise awareness for CHD'S!
God bless you all,
The Pollard Family
cp: ourgift

Posted Mar 9, 2009 11:06am
Thanks for the update Melonie. Sounds like you two had a wonderful time at Frankenmuth! I can't wait to see Izzy's picture! She's adorable and she'll have my vote. I would also love to purchase a calendar. We are praying for you! Robert and Bonnie Russie

Posted Mar 8, 2009 11:44pm
What a great thing she is doing!!! We will vote for ya if need be- let us know! I would love to purchase one when they come out... look forward to it! Heart hugs, Joy and Jilliann cp sillyjilly07

Posted Mar 8, 2009 1:59pm
Thanks Melonie for your positive comments. Continue praying for us.
cp: BabyBedwell

Posted Mar 8, 2009 12:39pm
That's Awesome! I too heard about this a week or so ago and already contacted Kimberly, she is very nice. I can't wait to see Izzy's pictures! :-) So glad you got some great mother-daugther time!
**BIG Heart Hugs**
Many Blessings,
Lauren (21yr. old w/Tricuspid Atresia)
cp: hopelovefaith

Posted Mar 7, 2009 9:00pm
Wow! That sounds so awesome! Sounds like you had a very nice day out too! I can't wait to see her pictures and the calendar!

Posted Mar 7, 2009 5:36pm
Awesome idea! Looking forward to the calendar!

Set1_rose
Posted Mar 7, 2009 5:20pm
How Cool!! What a great idea both for raising awareness and money. Izzy is very photogenic and will certainly get lots of votes if it comes to that.
Love, June, David and Kristen

Posted Mar 7, 2009 4:41pm
What a wonderful way to celebrate a noteworthy contribution to the world--shopping and pizza (yum!)--just mother and daughter, after being so willing to reach out to other people experiencing congenital heart disease! Blessings and koodoos, my hat's off to ya, Mel. Both you and Izzy are real troopers, not to mention the guys in your household as well!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment