Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

Illness

So, McKenzie is sick, barely sick, but sick. Unfortunately, being a little bit sick is not good for McKenzie and causes her doctor to worry. Rather than giving Izzy an appointment to come in, her doc sent her straight to the ER. (McKenzie vomitted twice Saturday night, was fine-ish Sunday and woke up at 5:15 this morning vomitting and did it five more times, including all of her meds and her appetite had been diminshed over the weekend). So, after seeing her, poking her four times, giving her a bolus of IV fluids, and finding all of her tests negative, they sent us home to rest. The ER doc said that normally, he would have just sent a baby with her indications home without even doing tests. But, because McKenzie is McKenzie, he ordered the tests and the IV. I guess I have to get used to this. It almost makes me not want to call the doctor when she is sick. With the luck we've had with McKenzie, if I made that call, she'd be worse off. So, I guess we'll stick with going to the ER for seemingly minor issues.

Don't worry though. Izzy is sleeping now. If you could see her, you'd know she is doing well. She is so beautiful and peaceful, I just want to grab her and hug her, but I won't. Don't want to wake her!
Mel

3 Message(s)

Encourage_hug
Posted Sep 22, 2008 4:32pm
I can watch a baby sleep for hours. glad she if doing well now. Love Aunt Liz

Spring_flower4
Posted Sep 22, 2008 4:01pm
Doesn't sound like barely sick to me. I hope she gets better soon.
God Bless You Guys, Love Sarah

Posted Sep 22, 2008 1:45pm

Hi Mel, I just wanted to tell you that you are amazing and McKenzie is the luckiest little girl in the world to have you as a Mom. Take care and pinch her little cheek for me. I hope she wakes up hungry and happy. love, amy

No comments:

Post a Comment