Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hope for a Better Tomorrow

The new medicine did appear to work Monday evening. We hoped Izzy would go to school Tuesday, but by morning, she looked like this.

IMG_20141007_081824_199

When I drove her to school, she lost it all. Then refused to drink or eat for me. I called the hospice nurse and asked how I go about getting Izzy IV fluids without going to the ER since was clearly dehydrated and not helping the situation. 
Izzy overheard this conversation and realized I wasn't kidding when I said she'd have to go to the hospital. She then quickly drank two glasses of lemonade. And with that, she started to feel better. She ate some lunch, then took a 3.5 hour nap (after sleeping 12 hours the night before). She woke up happy! We were able to give her the new med and the rest of the evening was this.



IMG_20141007_182418_171

IMG_20141007_191404_092

This morning, Izzy woke up happy and excited to go to school. But by breakfast (even with the new med), she was in pain; serious abdominal pain. I could do nothing. It was a horrible morning. Nothing I would ever, ever, ever want to repeat. I did get Izzy in the car because I had to take Phin to school. I wheeled her in and the second we crossed the threshold, she turned to me and said "Mommy, I am starting to feel better." (She had just been moaning and miserable in the car.) I wheeled her to class where she was bombarded by her classmates (in a good way). And she stayed in school all day.
Well, not all day. She had a previously scheduled appointment with her gastroenterologist. He firmly believes Izzy is suffering from abdominal migraines. If this med does not work, he will add a steroid and make us get a consult with neurology. If she gets better, we don't go back for three months.
On the way out of the building, Dale and Izzy paid Izzy's cardiologist a visit. She is in complete agreement with the abdominal migraines. (She prescribed the med.) She really doesn't believe it is heart failure caused because Izzy's liver is still fairly normal. She did state that Izzy's right heart failure probably adds to the problem, but is not the main culprit.

So, we will see. Izzy intends to go back to school tomorrow. Hopefully, the morning goes better. I'm not sure I could handle more of the same!

Thanks for checking in on our girl.

Mel

PS
I had to put the photo of Phin in his Bear uniform because he's so cute!

12 Message(s)

Posted Oct 14, 2014 4:58am
by Donna Telly
What an energized bunny! Hoping meds will give more relief so Izzy (and you) have many more dancing days ahead. Phin does look quite sporty in his uniform! Hugs to all

Set1_rose
Posted Oct 11, 2014 1:29am
by June Spriggs
Here is hoping the forward momentum although bumpy continues to move to a better place. Seems like being with her school friends helps Izzy.
Love, June & David

Posted Oct 9, 2014 9:27am
by Linda Koss
Continuing prayers that this new med will make all the difference in the world for Miss Izzy.

Posted Oct 9, 2014 9:25am
by Barb Ball
Hugs to Izzy from Ms. Barb! Praying for her always!

Posted Oct 8, 2014 10:57pm
by Bob Malloy
Hi Mel and Dale,
Thanks for the update,photos and video. It is wonderful to see such a sick little girl dancing happily in circles. May God bless all of you. Special greetings to Phin. Love, Fr. Bob Malloy

Posted Oct 8, 2014 10:27pm
by Audrey Vinyard
My niece was diagnosed with abdominal epilepsy. Who knew! These are not what you think of with tummy issues. Hoping and praying for better days ahead.,

Posted Oct 8, 2014 7:48pm
by Erica Fonck
Praying new med helps and phin is so cute

Posted Oct 8, 2014 7:32pm
by Connie Testement
Izzy, you made me smile. Glad you are feeling better and hope you have a great day at school tomorrow.
MoMo Connie

Posted Oct 8, 2014 7:30pm
by Amy Fleck
glad Izzy seems to be doing better. good luck for a more pleasant tomorrow morning. And tell Phin he looks very grown up and cool in his uniform. He is one cute boy!

Posted Oct 8, 2014 7:20pm
by Terri Maxim
thank you so much for this update. it helps me to pray specifically for Izzy and your family. I especially enjoyed the video. loved to be able to see and hear her at the same time. you are right about Phin.....he is just so darn cute! prayers continue for all of you.

Posted Oct 8, 2014 6:49pm
by Melody Vandee
So glad to hear Izzy felt some better and ate and drank something! I loved the video! (I got dizzy along with Izzy)Phin is one handsome guy in his Bear uniform! Thanks for sharing!
Praying the abdominal migraines cease and Miss Izzy can dance some more for us!
God Bless your family!

Posted Oct 8, 2014 6:28pm
by Janeen Greathouse
Hope she gets better soon. You're all in our thoughts & prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment