Izzy managed to keep herself out of the hospital last night. I
really think being older helped. We were able to explain to her
that sleeping upright (while not as comfortable) is definitely
better for your lungs. She stayed upright all night.
Because of that and breathing treatments through the night,
Izzy's oxygen only fell to 90 in her deepest sleep. If it had gone
down any farther, we would have had to go to the hospital. Her
heart rate remained at 109 in her deepest sleep, which is low
enough to stay at home too.
We're still watching Izzy closely. Her fever hasn't returned and
her O2 is now 93 standing with a heart rate of 115, but she is
allowing us to do chest PT (knocking on her chest to loosen the
plugs and help her breath). She is old enough to tell us it is
working! I can't tell you how happy I am to know that her chest
pain lessened when we knocked some of the gunk out and that she
doesn't fight me in doing it!
Izzy has a strict requirement to rest today, but she did get in
some fun. I can't believe how well she is doing this morning.
Thanks for keeping her in your thoughts.
Mel
21 Message(s) from Carepages
Posted Oct 29, 2012 5:00pm
by Kim K
: )
Posted Oct 29, 2012 9:39am
by Shalonda Lowther
I have not visited CarePages in a while but am so glad I did.
Glad to hear she is better and my goodness has she grown!!!!!
:)
Shalonda
carepage: EmmaLowther
Posted Oct 28, 2012 8:11pm
by JOY K
She's so beautiful! So glad no hospital stay!!! Heart hugs from
Jilly and Joy
cp sillyjilly07
Posted Oct 28, 2012 2:01pm
by Wendy C
So glad to great she was able to stay home. Every night not in
the hospital is a better night!
Heart hugs and prayers,
Wendy cp:
andrewjosephspage
Posted Oct 28, 2012 4:00am
by Julia Prentice
Great news Mel! I look forward to hearing another good report
tomorrow :O)
Posted Oct 28, 2012 1:38am
by Marti VanRavenswaay
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! WAY TO GO IZZY!!!!!
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK, YOU BIG GIRL, YOU!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU
FOR HELPING MOMMY HELP YOU!!!
Posted Oct 28, 2012 12:25am
by Elaine Blaser
Thank God.. keeping you all in our prayers..
Elaine and Grandpa Charles
Posted Oct 27, 2012 11:46pm
by June Spriggs
Look at those big kids! Glad Izzy can help with her own
treatment. That must feel empowering for her. Hope she is feeling
well enough to trick or treat! Love, June & David
Posted Oct 27, 2012 6:36pm
by Mandy Welsh
Keep up the good fight!!!!
Posted Oct 27, 2012 4:27pm
by Laurie Couillard
So glad she didn't have to be in the hospital!!! Way to go
Izzy!
cp:
AubreeAnne
Posted Oct 27, 2012 2:54pm
by Taffy Graessle
Whew! Way to go Izzy!
Posted Oct 27, 2012 1:36pm
by Carol Weston
What a wonderful blessing! I pray Izzy will continue to progress
and do well, and that, as she grows and matures, things will only
get better.
Keep up the good work, Izzy! I am praying for all of you.
:)D
May God bless each of you along this rocky road you must travel.
Hold tightly to the Father's hand. I know He will give you the
strength you need, as long as you trust in Him.
Love and prayers,
Carol Weston; Cedar Falls, Iowa
Posted Oct 27, 2012 12:22pm
by Cindy White
So glad that she stayed out of the hospital. I know that you all
are glad. I as well know that she is the gladest about that. I am
sure that playing pool is way far better than going to the
hospital.
I so love the pictures. She is so beautiful. I loved the school
picture. Have a great day resting and I will be praying for
her.
Cindy White
cp:
GodsBeautifulPrincess
Posted Oct 27, 2012 11:11am
by Bonnie Hunter
Good news! How did she do at billiards?
Best,
Bonnie
Posted Oct 27, 2012 11:00am
by Kelly Curtis
Great news!!!
Posted Oct 27, 2012 10:59am
by Terri Maxim
she is so beautiful! Can't believe how much she has grown. I
don't get on facebook much these days, but I am so glad I checked
out your post today. Glad to hear that Izzy is big enough to
understand that you are helping her and, therefore, she can help
you with that. Praying she continues to get healthy this
weekend.
Blessings to you,
Terri
Posted Oct 27, 2012 10:56am
by Audrey Vinyard
Joyous news!
Posted Oct 27, 2012 10:37am
by Erica Fonck
Izzy we are cheering you on and super proud of you brave sweet
girl. Continue to feel good.
No comments:
Post a Comment