This blog incorporates (or at least will incorporate once everything is transferred) the story and journey of Irresistible Izzy, living with complex heart and lung defects and 22q Deletion Syndrome.
I know many of you were sad like us upon reading that Izzy had to go homebound, so I had to update to let you know how much better Izzy is now that she does not have the stress and anxiety over trying to get to school each day. Izzy really liked her homebound teacher, which is great. The change overall with Izzy is simply amazing! She had the best week. She still feels blah all of the time; she's tired often; and been having her increased symptoms (chest pains, bubbling in the chest, left arm falling asleep for no reason. But Izzy is smiling and happy!
Best of all, Izzy was able to go to the Sweet Hearts Ball (with the help of morphine, xanax, and zofran). And she stayed most of the night, dancing and having fun!!!!! She and Phin were stars that night. And Izzy is very excited that her two donation items raised almost $200 for The Children's Heart Foundation. (She donated unopened crafts that she could not do herself and one of the Taylor Swift autographed pictures.) Personally, I think she helped raise more money if you watch this video that was played during the Ball to ask people to donate. (Let me know what you think!)
Izzy was dancing to the pre-dinner, cocktail music.
When the talking was taking too long for Izzy's taste, she inched her way to the dance floor to try and force the emcee to hurry up!!!
Back to the dance floor before all of the band members made it back to stage!
When Izzy got too tired to dance on her own, the wheelchair worked well because everyone could help her dance, but most especially Phineas!
This video captures some of the fun. Although, I'm sorry to say that I started the video and then took over, so it switches from portrait mode to landscape in the middle!!!
As you can tell, Izzy had a good weekend last weekend. This weekend is bound to be better since Izzy turns 11 tomorrow! We do have a couple of surprises planned for her.
Happy Belated Birthday Izzy!! I loved watching the video of your surprise birthday party! I'm thankful you had a few good days! It looked like you had so much fun! I loved seeing the pictures from the Sweet Hearts Ball! You looked beautiful and I loved all of the family pictures, too!
There are no words...just tears. What a sweet, sweet little girl 💖
ReplyDeleteThank you, Judy.
DeleteHappy Belated Birthday Izzy!! I loved watching the video of your surprise birthday party! I'm thankful you had a few good days! It looked like you had so much fun! I loved seeing the pictures from the Sweet Hearts Ball! You looked beautiful and I loved all of the family pictures, too!
ReplyDelete