Pages

Friday, February 19, 2021

Izzy's Waves

There is less than a month until Izzy's 13th birthday. She remains fairly sad at her disconnection with the world. Couple the distance with her increased fatigue and her fairly continuous pain and our girl need serious cheering up. 

That means, I really, really need a lot of help from you with Izzy's Waves. As a recap, Izzy's Waves is a group project. (Yikes!) I am gathering letters, cards, and pictures from anyone and everyone who cares about Izzy to present to her on her birthday. I bought a fabulous white fabric box with gold thread and it will be tied with a golden bow, which Izzy will go gaga over.

This where we need your help. Please send me letters or cards or pictures. The idea is that lots of people will share with Izzy their favorite memory they share with her or tell Izzy what she has taught them. Our gift to Izzy this year is showing her the profound impact she has had on the world in her 13 short years. We want her to know that she is remembered even though she is homebound and that she will be remembered in the future.

We want to give her a concrete representation of the butterfly effect with Izzy as the butterfly. With your help, we can show Izzy how her waves ripple even as she is stuck at home, in bed, tired. We really want Izzy to get letters or cards, so this is tactile. Izzy loved all of the birthday wishes she received last year via text and social media, but in this time of Covid-19 and zoom life, Izzy misses physical touch. This box of letters and cards will give Izzy something to hold and touch and each time she sees the box, she'll be reminded of all the love contained in there.

You can either drop the letters/cards off at our house or mail them to:

Melonie Stothers
3400 Eagle Drive
Troy, MI 48083

I ask that you not address the Izzy's Wave mail to Izzy as I do want these to be a surprise. If you want Izzy to open an envelope, you can double it up or I'll open the outer envelope with my name and place it in Izzy's box to surprise her later or just send an envelope and I'll place the letter or card in the box. Izzy will get the box on March 17, so please try to get me the letters by March 16. You have 25 days to get the letters here. I suggest mailing pretty soon as our mail has definitely been delayed recently.

We have received a couple letters/cards so far. Thank you so much to those who have already helped to make Izzy's 13th birthday extra special!

Also, if you'd like to join Izzy's Enchanted Intergalactic Extravaganza via zoom on Saturday, March 13, 2021 at 1:00 pm EST, please email meloniestothers at gmail.com and I'll send you the link. This will be a magical, space odyssey, complete with unicorns, dragons, phoenix, and all sorts of magic that I can bring into this realm without magic. 

Thank you in advance for helping our girl feel loved and not forgotten.

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment