Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Tired


Izzy is tired. That could be the entire update because that is about it: Izzy is tired.

She has days that are good where she might make it to school for a couple of hours, but even on those goods days, she comes home exhausted and naps.

More often, Izzy is too tired to move far. There are days where she stays in bed pretty much all day. I think Izzy left our house only twice over the two week holiday break. One time was not kind to her tired body and the other went well at least at the start.

But even with all of that, Izzy is still smiling. She is still battling her anxiety, but it is not interfering with her life as much. I suppose that could be because she doesn't do as much, but she seems to be in a better mental place.

Izzy's pain seemed to be controlled well for a couple of weeks. Lately, she's been having more frequently episodes of chest pain. Her tummy pain is always present. Izzy still rarely eats. Although, she did eat three decent meals in one day about a week ago. I'm pretty sure that was the first time she'd done that in a couple of years. She didn't eat anything the following day or two, but she had one day of eating like a typical kid.

Other than that, we are all just taking life one day at a time. We are all tired.

Izzy is busy planning her 11th birthday. She wants to redecorate her bedroom into a proper tween room instead of a party this year. That should be fun (if a theme is ever completely finalized).


We are also planning to attend the Second Annual Metro Detroit Sweet Hearts Ball the week before Izzy's birthday.
https://one.bidpal.net/shbmi2019
Izzy has the perfect dress, necklace, bracelet, and gloves. She is still deciding on shoes and tiara. You won't want to miss her. Join us! Tickets are still on sale here. I promise you will have a great night. We have been busy planning for about a year. And when I say "we have been planning", I literally mean my family plays a key role in planning this Ball. My sister is the chair of the event and my mom and I both work on it as well. Please join us.

And because our memories here would not be complete without photos, a recap of the last month to the extent I am permitted to share. Many pictures these days are of a tired and grumpy Izzy. She does not allow me to share those.

First, we have Christmas highlights.








Lady, wrapped up as the Christmas present she was!
 




Izzy's new stuffed animals: Phinney Bear and Fyrian the Pocketsize Dragon



This was the good day out.
 


Happy New Year!











Making cookies earlier this week.
We'll end on pictures from today's "ice day"--no school. The kids were searching for Narnia outside.


Lady was really trying to join them on the mountain!
Hot cocoa after the cold.
Then Phin built them a fort to read in.

Thanks for checking in on our girl.


Mel

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. I pray for her to have more good days than bad. I love to see her smiling face in these pictures and in person when she is at school.

    ReplyDelete