Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Nothing Yet

They just completed rounds.  The attending said they don't know what is going on, but is fairly happy with Izzy. They continue to look for the cause of the petechiae, but she is not showing symptoms of a bad bloodstream infection.  The guess is the petechiae may be related to a virus. Infectious disease,  cardiology,  and immunology are being consulted.  I felt that I was finally heard.

The best news is that Izzy is Izzy. I know her being on the hospital is concerning,  but right now,  she looks great and is feeling good.  We just don't know what is brewing beneath the surface or whether it is cause to be concerned. Izzy is watching movies, eating fairly well, and writing stories.

Thanks for checking in on our girl,

Mel

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Izzy is back to being Izzy!!

    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad they are listening to you. My best to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read your first post my thought was Izzy is not the patient to use as a teaching moment! Go find a broken femur! I hope you all get home healthy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read your first post my thought was Izzy is not the patient to use as a teaching moment! Go find a broken femur! I hope you all get home healthy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Izzy has amazing coping strategies. Comes with lots of practice. Keep on them as we are sure you will. We are voting for the best possible outcome! Love, June & David

    ReplyDelete
  6. Typical Izzy in charge! You go girl!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watching Annie I see.. one of my favorites. Glad to see she's doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww...Izzy is so cute. I'm glad she is doing ok! xo

    ReplyDelete