As always, no news is good news. When last I updated, Izzy was still sick despite two rounds of antibiotics and the immunologist wanting to
wait because he didn't believe that Izzy could possibly need tougher antibiotics. Well, Dale and I didn't wait to see the immunologist. Instead,
we brought Izzy in to see her primary care doc, who immediately put her on stronger antibiotics, steroids, and extra breathing treatments
because the infection had started to strain Izzy's lungs. If we had waited the several days as requested by the immunologist, we may have
ended up in the hospital. Luckily, the new regime worked and Izzy has been "healthy" for about two weeks. That is the longest she has been
well since last September.
We are watching other things, of course. But, overall, Izzy is doing well. We think she may have had an episode of SVTs (really, crazy fast heart
rate) two weeks ago, but we don't know. She also had a blood vessel burst in her ear Wednesday night, but no infection. The next thing we are
dealing with is seeing an orthopedist for Izzy's crazy toes. They lay on top of each other and with shoes, rub and cause sores. In my reading,
I've learned that these sorts of toes can be fixed non-surgically if addressed early enough. I'm hoping we haven't missed this window. I also
want to ask the doc about Izzy's leg length discrepancy. She has a lift on the outside of one shoe because of the 3/4 inch difference in length
between the legs, but I've noticed her walking like there is a noticeable difference again. It is likely because she is growing and the bigger leg
is growing faster.
Izzy does she her GI doc in a couple of weeks, her endocrinologist and cardiologist in August, and her eye doctor and the dentist soon as well.
We hope the rest of the summer remains uneventful.
I'll end with some pics taken this morning at the park before it got oppressively hot and we had to hide indoors so that Izzy can breathe.
Happy Memorial Day and thank you to all of the soldiers, sailors, and airmen and women for serving.
Mel
Messages
Melissa Keltgen
May 30, 2011, 4:57 PM
Glad to hear that Izzy is healthy! Hope you have an uneventful summer, as well!
-Melissa
Kelly Curtis
May 30, 2011, 6:12 PM
So glad to read that Izzy is healthy and doing well. We will be keeping our fingers crossed for a very uneventful summer filled with lots
and lots of fun!
Kelly (CP:JacksHeartUpdate)
Amy St.Clair
May 30, 2011, 6:32 PM
Our girls are so similar it's scary. I hope you are enjoying some good days. We think of you often.
Heart hugs,
Amy and Madilynn
Teresa Falzarano
May 30, 2011, 7:21 PM
Such cute pictures! I'm praying for a healty and happy summer for all of you.
Connie Testement
May 30, 2011, 7:48 PM
The kids both look GREAT. Glad they have been able to go out and play. It's really hot down here in Georgia too! Hope you all have a
great summer.
MoMo Connie
cp: katietestement
June Spriggs
May 30, 2011, 9:48 PM
What great pictures!! Good to hear that Izzy is doing well.May the Summer be happy and healthy! Good luck with the "crazy toes". I
have them too and the older I get the more they bother me so I hope Izzy's can be corrected early.
Love, June & David
susan wit
May 31, 2011, 1:08 AM
as always she remains in my thoughts. i am glad that her health has been stable as of late. susan
Rick McKenzie
May 31, 2011, 1:16 AM
great pictures!!! I Love to see those smiling faces. Love Ma
Holly Smith
May 31, 2011, 1:21 AM
It's awesome to know that Izzy is doing so well! (And I absolutely get that "well" is a relative term with our heart kids...)
:0)
Happy Memorial Day!
Holly
CP: EliesPage
Kathleen Angeli-Voyt
May 31, 2011, 10:38 AM
Continuing to hold all of you in prayer. Thankful to hear all is well. How wise you were to follow your gut and not wait for the Immunologist. You certainly know Izzy the best and are such amazing advocates for her. The kids are adorable and Izzy is so darling in the pink shades :-). God bless you~
Terri Gonzalez
May 31, 2011, 8:17 PM
Love the shades! :):)
Stay strong and healthy Izzy <3
Debbie McCall
June 1, 2011, 2:51 AM
Wow Mel.. .your kiddos are so cute... I am so glad she is feeling so much better and hope she stays that way for a long long time. The heat is just awful and makes it hard for our kiddos to do anything but hang out in the house... we also hit the park early in the am and hide out under the ac...
Keep up the good work...
Debbie
cp:Zayne1
Becky Petreikis
June 1, 2011, 12:47 PM
Love her sunglasses! Hoping the doctor appointments this summer are just check ups. Praying for no hospitalizations!






No comments:
Post a Comment