We met with one of the two surgeons today who could conduct
McKenzie's surgery. He was very nice and went through an overview
of the process with us. It looks like her surgery will be closer to
age 2 weeks rather than 6 weeks. It will all depend upon her exact
condition when they can get a better look at her heart when she is
born. She will have to undergo multiple open heart surgeries
through her life and may need to have her second open heart surgery
within her first year, but the prognosis is good (once again
depending upon what they find when they have a clearer look). The
staff we have met at Children's Hospital have been very nice and
are already trying to make this as easy on us as possible.
I don't expect to hear any more news on McKenzie's status until
her birth, but we will add updates when anything new comes our
way.
Mel
_________________________________________________________________________________
6 Messages from Carepages

Posted Feb 25, 2008 1:47pm
by June Spriggs
To a beautiful little rose
Please know that you are all in our hearts and our thoughts. We are
sending you love and strength every day.
Sorry we did not respond earlier. For some reason your original
message got sent to our junk mailbox. We fixed that so any further
message will get through.
Love, June, David & Kristen
_________________________________________________________________________________
Posted Feb 20, 2008 9:13am
by Mary Stefanides
Aunt Mary
I am thinking and praying for all of you daily. I pray that you
will have the strength to get through this difficult time and that
McKenzie Rose will be strong. I am here if you need ANYTHING.
Love, Aunt Mary
_________________________________________________________________________________
Posted Feb 18, 2008 2:11pm
by Janeen Greathouse
All our Best to You
our prayers are with you!!! we're sure everything will be just
fine. take care
_________________________________________________________________________________
Posted Feb 8, 2008 4:22pm
by Nicole Lasky
Praying For You All
Just wanted to take a minute and let you guys know that the girls
and I have included your family in our bed time prayers every night
for the last few months.
I know bed rest is horrible, but the outcome is so worth it!!!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Feb 8, 2008 11:56am
by Andrea Nicholson
Big Hug
I can't say that I know what you are going through, but know that I
am here for you and have faith in the strength that will be
imparted to your daughter through the love and prayers everyone is
sending her way.
love you,
Andrea and Kevin
_________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Feb 8, 2008 11:50am
by Courtney McKenzie-Moore
I'll be there
Hi Stothers,
I just want you to know that I'll be coming up to help out (and
hang with Phin) as soon as McKenzie is born. I'm very excited to
meet my niece, and I've been praying that she'll be strong enough
to face all the obstacles in her way. I know you guys are strong
enough to help her through all the challenges.
My boys and I love you all very much and look forward to seeing
you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment